Jamal Jones scored 19 points as Texas A&M earned its first victory over LSU as a fellow Southeastern…
Aggies Host LSU
The Aggies have played six of their last nine contests away from College Station but are looking forward toward the stretch run of SEC play which will see them host five of their final eight regular season games at Reed Arena.
LSU (15-7, 6-4 SEC) comes to Aggieland sharing fourth place in the SEC standings with a 6-4 league mark while the Aggies (13-10, 4-6 SEC) sit just two games back.
Reed Arena has provided home court advantage for the Aggies as they hold a 12-2 record inside the facility this year. Several Aggies have shined while playing in front of the 12th Man, including junior forward Kourtney Roberson, who averages 10.9 points and 7.1 rebounds per home game this season.
Last week, junior Jamal Jones rediscovered his scoring flare for the Aggies as the Wynne, Ark., native averaged 18.5 points during two games last week after being held below double-digits in four straight contests from Jan. 21-Feb. 1.
Head coach Johnny Jones and the Tigers feature a talented roster led by center Johnny O'Bryant III, who ranks among the SEC leaders in scoring (15.6 points per game) and rebounding (7.4 rebounds per game).
* The Aggies return home this week to face LSU Wednesday night inside Reed Arena ... The Tigers sit in a tie for fourth place in the SEC standings with a 6-4 league mark while the Aggies are just two games back with a 4-6 conference record.
* The Aggies have played five of their last seven games on the road but during the upcoming stretch run of SEC play Texas A&M will play five of their final eight games inside the friendly confines of Reed Arena.
* Texas A&M has made strides valuing the basketball this season and have saw their turnovers per game drop from 13.3 during the 2012-13 campaign to 12.3 this season ... The Aggies rank fifth in the SEC in assist-to-turnover ratio (1.1).
* Saturday marks the 27th meeting between Texas A&M and LSU on the hardwood ... The Tigers lead the all-time series 15-11.
* Last season, LSU earned wins over the Aggies in a pair of close contests ... Fabyon Harris averaged 15.5 points per game against the Tigers last season, including a career-high 19 points in Baton Rouge on Jan. 23, 2013.
* Freshman Shawn Smith has started each of the last six games for the Aggies, averaging 7.8 points per contest.
* Sophomore Alex Caruso continues to be the SEC's leader in both assists (107) and assists per game (4.7) ... The College Station, Texas, native surpassed the 100-assist plateau during last Wednesday's victory over Mississippi State and enters the LSU contest with 219 career assists.
* Junior Jamal Jones notched a game-high 17 points at Georgia to lead the Aggies in scoring for the 11th time this season ... The Wynne, Ark., native averages 15.1 points per game during SEC games to rank 15th in the league.
AggieDigest.com Recommended Stories
Dr. Roto Video: Week 12 Key Matchups
Dr. Roto highlights each and every game upcoming for Week 12 and a Fantasy matchup to monitor within. Cleveland Browns WR Josh Gordon (pictured above) makes his return against the less-than-stellar…Read More
The 10 Biggest Anti-Knife Cities In The U.S.
If you're a hunter or an outdoorsman like us, chances are you carry some sort of pocket knife or multi-tool with a blade at all times. If you visit some of these cities your every-day tool could put…Read More
OU's Perine rushes into record books
Norman has seen a lot of special days, but few will compare to what Samaje Perine did Saturday in rushing for 427 yards and five touchdowns.Read More
6 Biggest Man-to-Man Rivalries in Sports
From Pierce and Lebron to Peyton and Tom to Ali and Frazier, we're celebrating love/hate on and off the field of play.Read More
Apache Administers Death to Taliban (VIDEO)
The Apache helicopter is one of the most famed and efficient killing machines in the U.S Army. Get the skinny on this 'steel dragon' and watch what one does to a platoon of Taliban fighters in…Read More