Careers & Jobs
Real Estate & Rentals
Full MSN Index
Aggies Host LSU
Aggie Websider Publisher
Posted Feb 12, 2014
The Texas A&M men's basketball team will be back in action on its home court Wednesday night at 8 p.m. when it hosts LSU. The Aggies will play 5 of its last 8 SEC games at home.
After traveling in excess of 9,000 miles in the last 29 days, Reed Arena is a welcome site for the
men's basketball team which will be back in action on its home court Wednesday night at 8 p.m. when it hosts
The Aggies have played six of their last nine contests away from College Station but are looking forward toward the stretch run of SEC play which will see them host five of their final eight regular season games at Reed Arena.
LSU (15-7, 6-4 SEC) comes to Aggieland sharing fourth place in the SEC standings with a 6-4 league mark while the Aggies (13-10, 4-6 SEC) sit just two games back.
Reed Arena has provided home court advantage for the Aggies as they hold a 12-2 record inside the facility this year. Several Aggies have shined while playing in front of the 12th Man, including junior forward
, who averages 10.9 points and 7.1 rebounds per home game this season.
Last week, junior
rediscovered his scoring flare for the Aggies as the Wynne, Ark., native averaged 18.5 points during two games last week after being held below double-digits in four straight contests from Jan. 21-Feb. 1.
Head coach Johnny Jones and the Tigers feature a talented roster led by center
III, who ranks among the SEC leaders in scoring (15.6 points per game) and rebounding (7.4 rebounds per game).
* The Aggies return home this week to face LSU Wednesday night inside Reed Arena ... The Tigers sit in a tie for fourth place in the SEC standings with a 6-4 league mark while the Aggies are just two games back with a 4-6 conference record.
* The Aggies have played five of their last seven games on the road but during the upcoming stretch run of SEC play Texas A&M will play five of their final eight games inside the friendly confines of Reed Arena.
* Texas A&M has made strides valuing the basketball this season and have saw their turnovers per game drop from 13.3 during the 2012-13 campaign to 12.3 this season ... The Aggies rank fifth in the SEC in assist-to-turnover ratio (1.1).
* Saturday marks the 27th meeting between Texas A&M and LSU on the hardwood ... The Tigers lead the all-time series 15-11.
* Last season, LSU earned wins over the Aggies in a pair of close contests ...
averaged 15.5 points per game against the Tigers last season, including a career-high 19 points in Baton Rouge on Jan. 23, 2013.
has started each of the last six games for the Aggies, averaging 7.8 points per contest.
continues to be the SEC's leader in both assists (107) and assists per game (4.7) ... The College Station, Texas, native surpassed the 100-assist plateau during last Wednesday's victory over
and enters the LSU contest with 219 career assists.
* Junior Jamal Jones notched a game-high 17 points at
to lead the Aggies in scoring for the 11th time this season ... The Wynne, Ark., native averages 15.1 points per game during SEC games to rank 15th in the league.
Aggies Get Past Tigers 83-73
Feb 14, 2014
Ags Can't Hold Late Lead
Feb 15, 2014
2014 Scout.com Recruiting Yearbook
with an annual Total Access Pass
Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from Websider.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a
list of all Team Newsletters
Add Topics to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite topics. Click link to add to
Basketball > Texas A&M
View My HotList
Copyright © 2014 Scout.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms of Service
Junior College Football
Advertise on MSN
About our ads
© 2014 Microsoft