The Texas Aggie basketball team looks to end a three-game losing streak as the 1-4 Georgia Bulldogs…
Aggies Face LSU in Baton Rouge
The Aggies enter the match-up with a 12-5 overall record and a 2-2 mark in SEC games after dropping a hard-fought contest at Alabama on Saturday. Senior Elston Turner led the Aggies in scoring against the Crimson Tide, making 6-of-13 field attempts to finish with 13 points and record a double-digit point total for the 39th time in 49 career games at Texas A&M. Also against Alabama, freshman J'Mychal Reese scored 10 points, reaching double figures for the sixth time this season in back-to-back games for the first time during his young A&M career. On the glass, sophomore Kourtney Roberson led the team in rebounds (eight) for the third time in the last four games as the Aggies out-rebounded their fourth straight opponent.
LSU, meanwhile, brings a 9-6 overall record with a 0-4 mark in SEC games into Wednesday affair. The Tigers began the 2012-13 season with nine wins in 11 games, but have dropped road contests at Auburn and Georgia and home games to Florida and South Carolina to begin league play. The Tigers are led by first-year head coach Johnny Jones, who spent the previous 11 seasons as the head coach at North Texas.
TEXAS A&M-LSU SERIES NOTES
* Wednesday's contest will be the 24th meeting between the Aggies and the Tigers on the hardwood and the first as members of the SEC.
* The series dates back to the 1916-17 season during the early days of each school's men's basketball program ... LSU earned a 24-15 victory.
* The last meeting between the schools came on Dec. 20, 2008, when the Aggies defeated LSU 72-61 at Houston's Toyota Center.
* A&M head coach Billy Kennedy is 0-2 against LSU having faced them once while at Centenary and once as the head coach at Southeastern Louisiana.
* The series has been dominated by the home team with the Aggies holding a 5-0 record in College Station and the Tigers owning a 7-0 mark in Baton Rouge.
AggieDigest.com Recommended Stories
Thursday night throwing fest on deck?
The Thursday night showdown between the Broncos and Chargers at Mile High Stadium (sponsorship withstanding) could see passing yardage a half mile long. Peyton Manning and Philip Rivers are at the top…Read More
Week 8: Fantasy Football Sit 'em
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Rob Warner recommends a handful of players who should ride the pine. It may be because of a bad matchup, lost playing time, a nagging injury or an overwhelming…Read More
Pelini on ESPN and SEC network
Head coach Bo Pelini questions whether relationships between news outlets and conferences is good for college football.Read More
TBT: Pumpkin Carving With A Handgun
While many hunters are focused on pursuing big game in late October, it’s also time to make sure you’re ready for Halloween, and specifically trick-or-treaters. In this throwback Thursday video,…Read More
NFL WEEK 7: Cheerleaders Who Need a Hug
It's easy to smile when your team wins. Here's to those women who didn't have it so easy.Read More