He doesn't have quite the same reputation for fancy footwork as does his weekend counterpart. Still…
Ten Things You Need to Know - MSU vs. A&M
2. Mississippi State's three SEC wins have come against opponents with a combined 0-17 record in the conference.
3. Mississippi State's projected strength of schedule based on the cumulative winning percentage of its opponents is ranked No. 65. Texas A&M's strength of schedule based on cumulative winning percentage s ranked No. 1 in the nation.
4. Davis Wade Stadium in Starkville has not hosted a game between two ranked teams since September, 2001 when Mississippi State (No. 17) hosted South Carolina (No. 18). Saturday's game between the Bulldogs and Aggies will be the highest ranked match-up in Starkville since Jackie Sherrill coached at MSU.
5. MSU coach Dan Mullen has won 28 games in 3+ seasons at the helm. That's good enough for fifth all-time in the school's history. A win against the Aggies this week would move him up to fourth all-time.
6. In Mullen's tenure, he's 22-1 when his teams win the turnover margin battle. The Bulldogs are just 5-9 when losing the turnover margin. In 2012, MSU leads the nation in home turnover margin at plus-13. Conversely, Texas A&M is ranked No. 101 in road turnover margin at negative-5.
7. Texas A&M has scored first in all eight games in 2012. The Aggies have scored a touchdown in its first drive 5 times. Mississippi State has scored touchdown in its first drive 3 times.
8. MSU ranks No. 54 in third down conversions at 41%. Texas A&M's third down conversion defense is ranked No. 8 nationally at 28%. Offensively, the Aggies rank No. 3 converting on third down a whopping 54%. On the other side, MSU ranks No. 29 in third down conversion defense at 35%.
9. Texas A&M leads the SEC in total offense and No. 5 nationally at 543 yards per game. MSU's defense gives up 339 yards/game good for No. 29 nationally. Mississippi State's offense ranks No. 66 at 397 yards/game compared to Texas A&M's defense that gives up 385 yards/game and ranked No. 55.
10. Mississippi State's pass defense is one of the best in the SEC, ranking No. 21 nationally in pass defense efficiency. Conversely, Texas A&M's pass efficiency is ranked lower at No. 35.
AggieDigest.com Recommended Stories
Michigan: Brandon Resigns, Hackett Interim AD
Michigan President Mark Schlissel officially announced the resignation of athletic director Dave Brandon Friday. Schlissel appointed Jim Hackett as the interim AD with the plan moving forward to hire…Read More
Hoops: Where are the Top Recruits Going?
The initial basketball signing period begins in less than two weeks and there are currently 22 players in Scout.com's 2015 top 100 still uncommitted. Who are those 22 players considering and who will…Read More
Catch Big Fall Bass on Natural Lakes and Rivers
Check out some great tips for bass fishing up north as the water cools on its way into winter. There is some great fishing to be had right now before it gets too cold.Read More
10 Creepy Trail Cam Pics For Halloween
Most of us would prefer to be sitting in our treestand on Halloween, waiting for a rutting buck to wonder past, than following our kids from house to house scrambling for treats. Here are a 10 spooky…Read More
2015 NFL Mock Draft 1.0
We're at the halfway mark of the NFL season, so here's our first crack at a mock draft. Hey, Oakland Raiders, you're on the clock!Read More