Blake Camper committed to Rutgers Friday afternoon. Scout.com caught up with his coach Billy…
Ten Things You Need to Know - MSU vs. A&M
2. Mississippi State's three SEC wins have come against opponents with a combined 0-17 record in the conference.
3. Mississippi State's projected strength of schedule based on the cumulative winning percentage of its opponents is ranked No. 65. Texas A&M's strength of schedule based on cumulative winning percentage s ranked No. 1 in the nation.
4. Davis Wade Stadium in Starkville has not hosted a game between two ranked teams since September, 2001 when Mississippi State (No. 17) hosted South Carolina (No. 18). Saturday's game between the Bulldogs and Aggies will be the highest ranked match-up in Starkville since Jackie Sherrill coached at MSU.
5. MSU coach Dan Mullen has won 28 games in 3+ seasons at the helm. That's good enough for fifth all-time in the school's history. A win against the Aggies this week would move him up to fourth all-time.
6. In Mullen's tenure, he's 22-1 when his teams win the turnover margin battle. The Bulldogs are just 5-9 when losing the turnover margin. In 2012, MSU leads the nation in home turnover margin at plus-13. Conversely, Texas A&M is ranked No. 101 in road turnover margin at negative-5.
7. Texas A&M has scored first in all eight games in 2012. The Aggies have scored a touchdown in its first drive 5 times. Mississippi State has scored touchdown in its first drive 3 times.
8. MSU ranks No. 54 in third down conversions at 41%. Texas A&M's third down conversion defense is ranked No. 8 nationally at 28%. Offensively, the Aggies rank No. 3 converting on third down a whopping 54%. On the other side, MSU ranks No. 29 in third down conversion defense at 35%.
9. Texas A&M leads the SEC in total offense and No. 5 nationally at 543 yards per game. MSU's defense gives up 339 yards/game good for No. 29 nationally. Mississippi State's offense ranks No. 66 at 397 yards/game compared to Texas A&M's defense that gives up 385 yards/game and ranked No. 55.
10. Mississippi State's pass defense is one of the best in the SEC, ranking No. 21 nationally in pass defense efficiency. Conversely, Texas A&M's pass efficiency is ranked lower at No. 35.
AggieDigest.com Recommended Stories
Dr. Roto Video: Visionary Sleepers
The Kansas City Chiefs aren't exactly known for their passing attack; however, Dr. Roto does have a man-crush on one KC receiver in Week 8. Dwayne Bowe (pictured above) has yet to score a touchdown or…Read More
NCAA Up Next
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — The Wainstein report released on Wednesday provided insight into the NCAA’s reopening of its infractions case at North Carolina this summer and also highlighted potential academic…Read More
6 Sports Records Made to Be Broken
Move over Manning—here's a list of the best individual sports records that are ripe for breaking.Read More
TBT: Pumpkin Carving With A Handgun
While many hunters are focused on pursuing big game in late October, it’s also time to make sure you’re ready for Halloween, and specifically trick-or-treaters. In this throwback Thursday video,…Read More
NFL WEEK 7: Cheerleaders Who Need a Hug
It's easy to smile when your team wins. Here's to those women who didn't have it so easy.Read More