Ten Things You Need to Know - MSU vs. A&M
2. Mississippi State's three SEC wins have come against opponents with a combined 0-17 record in the conference.
3. Mississippi State's projected strength of schedule based on the cumulative winning percentage of its opponents is ranked No. 65. Texas A&M's strength of schedule based on cumulative winning percentage s ranked No. 1 in the nation.
4. Davis Wade Stadium in Starkville has not hosted a game between two ranked teams since September, 2001 when Mississippi State (No. 17) hosted South Carolina (No. 18). Saturday's game between the Bulldogs and Aggies will be the highest ranked match-up in Starkville since Jackie Sherrill coached at MSU.
5. MSU coach Dan Mullen has won 28 games in 3+ seasons at the helm. That's good enough for fifth all-time in the school's history. A win against the Aggies this week would move him up to fourth all-time.
6. In Mullen's tenure, he's 22-1 when his teams win the turnover margin battle. The Bulldogs are just 5-9 when losing the turnover margin. In 2012, MSU leads the nation in home turnover margin at plus-13. Conversely, Texas A&M is ranked No. 101 in road turnover margin at negative-5.
7. Texas A&M has scored first in all eight games in 2012. The Aggies have scored a touchdown in its first drive 5 times. Mississippi State has scored touchdown in its first drive 3 times.
8. MSU ranks No. 54 in third down conversions at 41%. Texas A&M's third down conversion defense is ranked No. 8 nationally at 28%. Offensively, the Aggies rank No. 3 converting on third down a whopping 54%. On the other side, MSU ranks No. 29 in third down conversion defense at 35%.
9. Texas A&M leads the SEC in total offense and No. 5 nationally at 543 yards per game. MSU's defense gives up 339 yards/game good for No. 29 nationally. Mississippi State's offense ranks No. 66 at 397 yards/game compared to Texas A&M's defense that gives up 385 yards/game and ranked No. 55.
10. Mississippi State's pass defense is one of the best in the SEC, ranking No. 21 nationally in pass defense efficiency. Conversely, Texas A&M's pass efficiency is ranked lower at No. 35.
AggieDigest.com Recommended Stories
Dr. Roto Video: Week 12 Key Matchups
Dr. Roto highlights each and every game upcoming for Week 12 and a Fantasy matchup to monitor within. Cleveland Browns WR Josh Gordon (pictured above) makes his return against the less-than-stellar…Read More
The 10 Biggest Anti-Knife Cities In The U.S.
If you're a hunter or an outdoorsman like us, chances are you carry some sort of pocket knife or multi-tool with a blade at all times. If you visit some of these cities your every-day tool could put…Read More
6 Biggest Man-to-Man Rivalries in Sports
From Pierce and Lebron to Peyton and Tom to Ali and Frazier, we're celebrating love/hate on and off the field of play.Read More
NFL Week 12: Every Game Previewed
It's a wild slate of games this Sunday with several matchups that involve playoff seeding implications and a few divisional showdowns.Read More
Apache Administers Death to Taliban (VIDEO)
The Apache helicopter is one of the most famed and efficient killing machines in the U.S Army. Get the skinny on this 'steel dragon' and watch what one does to a platoon of Taliban fighters in…Read More