Search this site
Junior College Football
Texas A & M Home
Things to Know About LSU
Aggie Websider Publisher
Posted Oct 18, 2012
It's a big week for Texas A&M football as No. 6 LSU comes to Kyle Field for a huge showdown that will not only impact the 2012 SEC race, but could shape the recruiting landscape for the next several years. Here's a quick look at the history and the statistical numbers for the 2012 Tigers.
1) In 1995,
discontinued the annual season opening match-up between the two gulf coast rivals after the Aggies won five in a row from 1991-1995. Over the course of the 10-year home-and-home series from 1986-1995,
held a 6-4 lead.
2) From 1960-1975, the Tigers and Aggies also played early in the season but all games were contested in Baton Rouge. Aside from an upset A&M win in 1970, the Aggies did not win a game in the series from 1960-1969 and 1971-1973. In 1974, an improving Emory Bellard-coached Texas A&M team won 21-14. Then, in 1975, a nationally-ranked Top 10 Aggie team dominated LSU in Death Valley 39-8. The series was immediately discontinued.
3) LSU’s defense is ranked No. 2 in total defense giving up only 219 yards per game.
4) LSU’s pass defense is ranked No. 2 as well, and their pass efficiency rating is No. 4 in the nation. LSU’s rush defense is No. 6 nationally giving up just 89 yards per game.
5) On offense, LSU is ranked No. 73 gaining an average of 395 yards per contest.
6) LSU’s strength on offense statistically comes in the running game, averaging 207 yards per game which is No. 31 nationally.
7) LSU’s passing offense is gaining just 180 yards/game which ranks No. 100 out of 120 FBS schools. The unit has thrown just 6 TD’s with 4 interceptions.
8) LSU QB
’s pass efficiency rating is 132.45 which is No. 62 in the nation. In comparison,
’s passing efficiency rating of 162.80 ranks him No. 10 in the nation. Manziel outpaces Mettenberger in most passer statistics including completion percentage (67-59%), touchdowns (14-6), and average yardage per attempt ( 8.84 – 7.82 yds/attempt).
By the Numbers: Texas A&M
Oct 18, 2012
Compu-Picks 2012 Analysis: Week 7_1
Oct 17, 2012
Five Keys to Victory - LSU
Oct 19, 2012
2014 Scout.com Recruiting Yearbook
with an annual Total Access Pass
Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from Websider.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a
list of all Team Newsletters
Add Topics to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite topics. Click link to add to
Football > Texas A&M
View My HotList
Places to go:
Junior College Football
Things to do:
Things to buy:
Things to know:
Terms of Service
Advertise on MSN
About our ads
© 2013 Microsoft