For the first time in seven years, the Aggie basketball team does not appear to be headed to post…
Aggies Battle OSU in Stillwater
• Series Notes
• A&M has won in 3 of its last 5 trips to Gallagher-Iba Arena ... prior to 2007, the Aggies were winless inside GIA ... last year, A&M battled its way to a 67-66 victory.
• Texas A&M is looking for its fifth straight win over the Cowboys, which would match a school record ... the Aggies won 5 straight over then Oklahoma A&M from 1918-24.
• The Aggies recorded a 76-61 win last month at Reed Arena ... Elston Turner scored 23 in the game, while walk-on guard Alex Baird played 21 minutes of turnover-free basketball-nearly quadrupling his career minutes total.
• Quick Hits
• The Aggies lead the Big 12 in two defensive categories (through Feb. 24): scoring defense and 3-point FG% defense; A&M ranks third in defensive rebound percentage and field-goal percentage defense.
• Through games of Feb. 19, Texas A&M ranked 16th nationally in 3-point FG% defense.
• The Aggies' last 4 home losses have come by an average of 5.5 points, to No. 6 Baylor, Texas, No. 3 Missouri and No. 4 KU.
• A&M has played five top-5 opponents this year, a new school record ... all have come in Big 12 play, also a school record ... the Aggies' last two games have come against Missouri (No. 3) and Kansas (No. 4), the first time in school history the Aggies have played two straight against top-5 foes.
• Seven of A&M's losses this year have come to teams currently ranked in the top 13 nationally, five of which have come away from home (#3 Missouri (twice), #4 Kansas (twice), #11 Florida, #13 Baylor [twice]).
• Aggie Trends
• The Aggies have allowed just one Big 12 opponent to score more points than its season average (Oklahoma, who needed OT to do so).
• A&M is shooting 38 percent from 3-point range over its last 10 games (averaging 6.0 threes per game) ... the Aggies rank fourth in league games in 3-point field goals (5.7/game).
• A&M is shooting 71 percent from the line in the second half of Big 12 games ... the Aggies have shot just 59.7 percent in the first half.
• The Aggies are 12-0 this year when leading with 5 minutes to play and 11-3 this year when leading at halftime (losses at Kansas, at K-State, home Texas).
• The Aggies have held 11 of their opponents under 60 points and are unbeaten in those games.
• A&M has held 8 opponents under 35 percent shooting (8-0).
AggieDigest.com Recommended Stories
Odell Beckham makes catch of the year
Former LSU wide receiver Odell Beckham made what has to be the most incredible catch of the NFL season. Check out the highlight reel grab!Read More
OU's Perine rushes into record books
Norman has seen a lot of special days, but few will compare to what Samaje Perine did Saturday in rushing for 427 yards and five touchdowns.Read More
College Week 13: 10 Saturday Takeaways
Breaking down all the battles that mattered this weekend.Read More
5 NHL Teams with Tailgating Crazy Fans
When it comes to tailgating, football might be the first sport that comes to mind, but don’t underestimate hockey. The NHL has some of the most passionate fans in all of sports, and they don’t let up…Read More
Apache Administers Death to Taliban (VIDEO)
The Apache helicopter is one of the most famed and efficient killing machines in the U.S Army. Get the skinny on this 'steel dragon' and watch what one does to a platoon of Taliban fighters in…Read More