Search this site
Junior College Football
Texas A & M Home
Aggies Battle OSU in Stillwater
Aggie Websider Publisher
Posted Feb 25, 2012
The Aggie basketball team is heading down the homestretch of its final Big 12 season. For a chance at postseason play, Texas A&M must win its final three regular season games. It starts Saturday on the road against Oklahoma State
returns to the hardwood on Saturday afternoon when the Aggies (13-14, 4-11) take on
(13-15, 6-9) at Gallagher-Iba Arena in Stillwater. Tipoff is set for 1:05 p.m. and the game will air nationally on ESPN2.
• A&M has won in 3 of its last 5 trips to Gallagher-Iba Arena ... prior to 2007, the Aggies were winless inside GIA ... last year, A&M battled its way to a 67-66 victory.
• Texas A&M is looking for its fifth straight win over the Cowboys, which would match a school record ... the Aggies won 5 straight over then Oklahoma A&M from 1918-24.
• The Aggies recorded a 76-61 win last month at Reed Arena ...
scored 23 in the game, while walk-on guard Alex Baird played 21 minutes of turnover-free basketball-nearly quadrupling his career minutes total.
• The Aggies lead the Big 12 in two defensive categories (through Feb. 24): scoring defense and 3-point FG% defense; A&M ranks third in defensive rebound percentage and field-goal percentage defense.
• Through games of Feb. 19, Texas A&M ranked 16th nationally in 3-point FG% defense.
• The Aggies' last 4 home losses have come by an average of 5.5 points, to No. 6 Baylor, Texas, No. 3 Missouri and No. 4 KU.
• A&M has played five top-5 opponents this year, a new school record ... all have come in Big 12 play, also a school record ... the Aggies' last two games have come against Missouri (No. 3) and Kansas (No. 4), the first time in school history the Aggies have played two straight against top-5 foes.
• Seven of A&M's losses this year have come to teams currently ranked in the top 13 nationally, five of which have come away from home (#3 Missouri (twice), #4 Kansas (twice), #11 Florida, #13 Baylor [twice]).
• The Aggies have allowed just one Big 12 opponent to score more points than its season average (Oklahoma, who needed OT to do so).
• A&M is shooting 38 percent from 3-point range over its last 10 games (averaging 6.0 threes per game) ... the Aggies rank fourth in league games in 3-point field goals (5.7/game).
• A&M is shooting 71 percent from the line in the second half of Big 12 games ... the Aggies have shot just 59.7 percent in the first half.
• The Aggies are 12-0 this year when leading with 5 minutes to play and 11-3 this year when leading at halftime (losses at Kansas, at K-State, home Texas).
• The Aggies have held 11 of their opponents under 60 points and are unbeaten in those games.
• A&M has held 8 opponents under 35 percent shooting (8-0).
Column: Hoops Attendance
Feb 25, 2012
Critical Turning Point in the Season
Feb 14, 2012
Hop's Post-Texas Hoops Thoughts
Feb 9, 2012
2012 Scout.com Recruiting Yearbook
with an annual Total Access Pass
Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from Websider.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a
list of all Team Newsletters
Add Topics to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite topics. Click link to add to
Basketball > Texas A&M
View My HotList
Places to go:
Junior College Football
Things to do:
Things to buy:
Things to know:
Terms of Service
Advertise on MSN
About our ads
© 2012 Microsoft