Jason Peters missed Buffalo's first training camp practice in pursuit of getting a contract…
Aggies Battle OSU in Stillwater
• Series Notes
• A&M has won in 3 of its last 5 trips to Gallagher-Iba Arena ... prior to 2007, the Aggies were winless inside GIA ... last year, A&M battled its way to a 67-66 victory.
• Texas A&M is looking for its fifth straight win over the Cowboys, which would match a school record ... the Aggies won 5 straight over then Oklahoma A&M from 1918-24.
• The Aggies recorded a 76-61 win last month at Reed Arena ... Elston Turner scored 23 in the game, while walk-on guard Alex Baird played 21 minutes of turnover-free basketball-nearly quadrupling his career minutes total.
• Quick Hits
• The Aggies lead the Big 12 in two defensive categories (through Feb. 24): scoring defense and 3-point FG% defense; A&M ranks third in defensive rebound percentage and field-goal percentage defense.
• Through games of Feb. 19, Texas A&M ranked 16th nationally in 3-point FG% defense.
• The Aggies' last 4 home losses have come by an average of 5.5 points, to No. 6 Baylor, Texas, No. 3 Missouri and No. 4 KU.
• A&M has played five top-5 opponents this year, a new school record ... all have come in Big 12 play, also a school record ... the Aggies' last two games have come against Missouri (No. 3) and Kansas (No. 4), the first time in school history the Aggies have played two straight against top-5 foes.
• Seven of A&M's losses this year have come to teams currently ranked in the top 13 nationally, five of which have come away from home (#3 Missouri (twice), #4 Kansas (twice), #11 Florida, #13 Baylor [twice]).
• Aggie Trends
• The Aggies have allowed just one Big 12 opponent to score more points than its season average (Oklahoma, who needed OT to do so).
• A&M is shooting 38 percent from 3-point range over its last 10 games (averaging 6.0 threes per game) ... the Aggies rank fourth in league games in 3-point field goals (5.7/game).
• A&M is shooting 71 percent from the line in the second half of Big 12 games ... the Aggies have shot just 59.7 percent in the first half.
• The Aggies are 12-0 this year when leading with 5 minutes to play and 11-3 this year when leading at halftime (losses at Kansas, at K-State, home Texas).
• The Aggies have held 11 of their opponents under 60 points and are unbeaten in those games.
• A&M has held 8 opponents under 35 percent shooting (8-0).
AggieDigest.com Recommended Stories
Thursday night throwing fest on deck?
The Thursday night showdown between the Broncos and Chargers at Mile High Stadium (sponsorship withstanding) could see passing yardage a half mile long. Peyton Manning and Philip Rivers are at the top…Read More
Week 8: Fantasy Football Sit 'em
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Rob Warner recommends a handful of players who should ride the pine. It may be because of a bad matchup, lost playing time, a nagging injury or an overwhelming…Read More
6 Sports Records Made to Be Broken
Move over Manning—here's a list of the best individual sports records that are ripe for breaking.Read More
TBT: Pumpkin Carving With A Handgun
While many hunters are focused on pursuing big game in late October, it’s also time to make sure you’re ready for Halloween, and specifically trick-or-treaters. In this throwback Thursday video,…Read More
NFL WEEK 7: Cheerleaders Who Need a Hug
It's easy to smile when your team wins. Here's to those women who didn't have it so easy.Read More